Friday, April 26, 2013

This post I wrote in January 2013.

Three months. In a child's eyes it can be an eternity : three more months until the next birthday, three more months until Christmas can seem like years. The reality however, is far different. Three  months is such a short time, especially when we view it from eternity. Yet, those three months can be so significant. In three months we finished Nico's second round of OT, his first semester of social cognition therapy, begun speech therapy, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, Jack Milan's first birthday, the flu, visited family, Mari's first orchestra concert, another broken arm scare with Liberty, school and school evaluations. So much in so little time.
 It reminds me to take the time for what is important. Set priorities. Too many times life gets so busy we forget what is important. And what is important? Whenever I need a reminder of what is important, where my priorities should lie, I think of this:

"What is man's primary purpose?"

This one question. That's it. The answer tells me what is my priority, my purpose.

"...to glorify God and enjoy Him forever."

So simple and so beautiful.

No comments: